Thursday 13 June 2013

Card for Rafika


This card is for a girl in work who's leaving for a new job in London.  I'd been wrecking my head for ages trying to think of what to put on her card, and when I had a root through my stash and came across this old Penny Black image I knew it was perfect - she's such a fun, happy-go-lucky person and loves all her brightly coloured clothes, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if she really does have a pair of bright pink bunny slippers!  I kinda wish I'd done her name in a less harsh colour though, don't think it looks quite right here.  (in case you're wondering about her name, her Dad is from Ghana - I'd never heard it before)

Sketch from Sweet Sunday #186
I took the colour theme from the inspiration pic at There She Goes TSG211 - Pink, yellow, turquoise
Choice of DPs inspired by the Mixy Matchy challenge at Moxie Fab World
Bunny Zoe's Crafts June challenge - wings

4 comments:

Marie-Louise said...

It sounds as if the card will be perfect for her. She will be delighted with it.

Claire said...

Lovely card Lynne. Hugs, Claire x

coops said...

so gorgeous lynn.fab image and I love your bold colours :D

xx coops xx

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Lynne! Thanks for linking this up to the Mixy-Matchy Style Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)