Wednesday 28 January 2015

Card for Uncle Ivan

This card is for my Uncle who's spent most of his life in Canada.  I thought I'd use this older High Hopes image - Team Canada.  I've had it for a while but it's the first time its seen ink ... bad me!
I've coloured it with watercolour pencils ... oops went shopping and bought a few more of these :)  I've had a few brands of w/colour pencils before and thought they were just OK, but I LOVE these Derwent Inktense ones.
Clear gloss added to their noses.  Silvery peel off numbers from stash.  I kinda ran out of room for my sentiment but just about managed to squeeeeeze it in.  Taylored Expressions scallop border die.  Spellbinders circles.  Woodware corner punch.

Layout from MFT Wednesday Sketch MFTWSC213
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - anything goes
Cuttlebug Mania - wildlife
Crafts 4 Eternity r210 - numbers
Sister Act #90 - anything goes

16 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Fabulous card Lynne love that fun image also the great colours and design, smashing make
Hugs
Lorraine x

Ardyth said...

Yay, Canada! What a fun card for a milestone celebration!

Patti J said...

Uncle Ivan will be so tickled! Cute card, Lynne!

Cheryl W. said...

Very fun card. Your uncle will love it, I'm sure. I know I love it. :)

Jackie said...

Fabulous fun card. I haven't bought any stamps for about 3 years and yet I still have some that have never seen ink!!! :o)
Jackie xx

Caryn said...

I'm sure Uncle Ivan will love it!! Great card - so fun.
Thanks for joining in at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Hugs,
Caryn

coops said...

so stunning lynne.fab design and i love the fun image :D

xx coops xx

michele said...

Gorgeous card thanks for joining us at crafts 4 eternity this week hugs x

Benzi said...

I'm glad you're getting to use that stamp and I'm betting your uncle will appreciate this card. All those smiling critters make me want to smile. Just great, Lynne!

Benzi said...

Oh, I meant to say I hope you got a pile of snow this week. Send me some!
Ruby looks like she loves the snow in your header...too cute.

StampingbugKerry said...

I'm in the same boat as you- have stamps forever before they get inked. That's changing this year! LoL. :)

Lisa Lara said...

What a fun card Lynne.

MagsB said...

This is so much fun, your uncle will love it! congrats to him on reaching 80!

love Mags B x

Cindy Groh said...

I love your masculine card. Would you let me showcase your card and share a link to your blog post in what I call Manly Monday? It's a post on my blog where I share masculine cards (of all ages) as inspiration for my readers. If you are interested, please email me a direct link to your card so I can find it at grohcm at gmail dot com and I will add you to the lineup for the following Monday. I hope to hear from you.
Cindy at Cre8iveCindy

Anonymous said...

Fun and cheery birthday card. Hope your Uncle enjoyed it.

Susan R. Opel said...

Uncle Ivan is sure to have a smile plastered across his face when he receives this card. So thoughtgul of you, Lynne!

Susan R. Opel, Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things