Sunday 24 January 2016

Arthur Alooishus and a wee owl

Boo hoo Sunday evening already, I shouldn't be complaining though, I've already had 3 days off work last week!   It's been yet another dull damp day here, though I much prefer it to the crazy snow over in the US!

I had a nice time CASEing Michele's gallery over at Splitcoast, and ended up making not one but two cards!

Card 1
Here's Michele's original - I kept her general layout. I'd meant to emboss the brown panel but had it stuck down before I remembered!  My image is:
4005-E Arthur Alooishus in his stripe shirt 
from Eat Cake Graphics.  Coloured with watercolour pencils.

This is one of my new DPs and I'm not loving it, in fact, I'm not loving any of the 3 pads I bought.  Guess that teaches me to get the stuff I really really want instead of what's on sale :(
Card 2
Here's Michele's original - I kept her general layout again and I was inspired by her dotty DP to get out my Dienamics peek-a-boo dots die that hasn't seen daylight for a while!
Sentiment and image from Paper Smooches - coloured with watercolour pencils and clear gloss added to his eyes and to the hearts on the sentiment.

  • Paper Smooches January challenge - 4 colours - pink / red / green / aqua (I'm hoping the different shades of pink still only count as 1 colour!)
  • Allsorts #347 - Valentine's Day
  • 613 Avenue Create #160 - anything goes

10 comments:

Sarah said...

Such fun cards Lynne...little Arthur is ever so cute and I love his striped t.shirt xx

Cheryl W. said...

Little Arthur reminds me of a toddler boy with his tummy sticking out between his shirt and pants. So cute! I like that little diagonal striped piece of DSP in your first card. Such a small detail, but it adds so much interest. I also really like the sentiment on your second card. The little hearts in place of the Os and the dot on the exclamation point are so cute!

brenda said...

Cute images Lynne and great fun cards, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely cards, Lynne, Jo x

Cara said...

Very stylish cards. I like the DP, but you're right about some of the bargains that tempt us! Love the cute images too. Cara x

Wendy L said...

Gorgeously sweet card, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxx

Alex (PinkCraftyMama) said...

lovely bright cards. very cheerful.

Anonymous said...

Both cards are lovely. I adore that dotted diecut! Thanks for dropping this by 613 Avenue Create. We hope to see you again next week!

Sara -DT
My Blog

Margaret said...

Cute teddy bear image. Love how you matched the stripes on his shirt to the paper. Thanks for joining us at CraftyHazelnut's Patterned Paper challenge.
Margaret, DT

Unknown said...

Super adorable cards and such beautiful colouring! Thank you for joining us at ATSM !
Kamila DT