Tuesday 5 January 2016

January 2016 calendar page


Yes I know it's the 5th of January and I'm only getting round to my calendar page now ... but sure for the most of the month you've no idea what day it is anyway ;)  You might think it doesn't look very wintry, but we've had the mildest and wettest winter so far since records began!  Even the grass is still growing, and my daffodils are all pushing up like crazy, they've no idea what season it is, never mind what day!

I've tried a new technique for me with this one  --- yeah, go me! --- ink smooching!  I couldn't find any acetate type paper, so I just got a large dinner plate, added a touch of water and some splashes of watercolour paint, dipped the paper in, and Bob's your Uncle!  Love it!

I've used one of my new stamps from Eat Cake Graphics:  1074-G Stuart and puppy Scooter fly
Clear gloss added to the wheel centres and to his goggles.  Wink of Stella added to the raindrops.  I also added in some grass to the bottom (Martha Stewart punch) but it doesn't show up well in the photo. Lawn Fawn cloud dies.  I hand wrote my dates as I kinda like the effect, plus it means I can slot it in wherever suits.

13 comments:

Kim said...

fabulous calendar page and love the inking effect!
With all good wishes for 2016!
Kim x

Cheryl W. said...

Super cute! I love that image and your blue sky background. 've yet to try that technique, but maybe I should give it a go!

Jackie said...

A wonderful calendar page Lynne. The daffodils were in full bloom in the grass verges here on Christmas Day!!! :o)
Jackie xx

Dotty Jo said...

Love it! Jo x

Sarah said...

A great page and I love the "smooching" effect!! Our daffs are up, the horse is molting yet we have hard frosts forecast for next week...what is going on??!! xx

Dora said...

what a great image! so funny with the boy and the little dog in the box.
awesome!
thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

JANINE QUINN MIDDLESBROUGH, UK said...

Such a great calendar page. I love the layout and scene - this is just perfect for our 'New Stash/Occasion' theme this week. Thank you for sharing your card and joining in with the fun at Sweet Stampin’ this week and good luck. Hugs Janine xx

susiestacey said...

Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'What's New' challenge week. The new challenge starts tomorrow, hope you join in again x Susan x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Oh my goodness, super cute image! Love the little scene with the clouds too. Fab make to kick off the New Year! Thanks for sharing it with us at Sweet Stampin' and showcasing your 'New Stash'. So glad you joined in the fun with us for our first challenge of the New Year. Wishing you a wonderful 2016. Hugs, Wends x Sweet Stampin' DT

Unknown said...

Hi - great calendar page. Love the effect you've achieved with the inking. Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Calendar this month. Hope to see you again - good luck!
Hugs,
Bev (DT) x

Suzanne C said...

Adorable calendar page! The image is just too cute! Love the scene behind the month and that she has the banner with January flowing behind her! Thanks for playing along in the "Something New" challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Eret said...

So cute and fun looking calendar page. Love the background and this adorable scene. Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Stamping Sensation.
Eret x