Sunday 18 June 2017

Floral Birthday

We've had the most glorious sunny afternoon here, definitely at the scorchio mark!  I had a sit down in our garden earlier, something I rarely do (!) and it was great to see all the birds, bugs and bees at work.

Anyway, must press on, the lovely Poldark is on telly shortly ;)
This card is for my sister-in-law - she's a card maker too so I always feel a bit of pressure making hers!  I've watercoloured my Prima flowers and then went over the blooms with my clear glitter pen.  The little white snippet is a Paper Smooches die and is embossed with an old Cuttlebug swiss dots folder.


Here's a wee quickie just for the fun of it.  I've cased Patti's card from her blog Stationery Styles here.  Mine's not a great pic, I can only blame the blazing sunshine outside!  I've chalked a load of circles in varying blues, purples and pinks, but they're not showing up very well here.
My bunny is from Lili of the Valley - coloured with watercolour pencils and clear gloss added to the balloon and plate.
Thanks for the inspiration Patti! 

12 comments:

Sue B said...

This is a gorgeous card Lynne! I love the flower image and you’ve coloured it so beautifully. The little embossed snippet and twine is a beautiful finishing touch! ;-)
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT for our Embossing Challenge and Good luck in the draw!
Hugs Sue B xx

Cheryl W. said...

Both cards are awesome, but your sister-in-law card is particularly so. I think she will love it. I hope to give my watercolor pencils a try sometime this week. I'll never color as well as you, but I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

Cara said...

Your floral card is stunning, lovely to see you playing along with us at the Flower Challenge. Your bunny card is so sweet, I can see your delicate circle background beautifully x

Di said...

What a gorgeous card Lynne! Love those flowers and the pretty pink paper you used, And a cever touch with the embossed little embellishments and twine - just adds that something extra.

And of course I adore the LOTV card too :)

Hugs

Di xx

Sarn said...

Both cards are stunning. Love the first one for it's pretty flowers and lovely layout, and the second because it's so cute and the colouring is FAB.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Sparkles, good luck!!! Amy DT

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two beautiful cards, I love the first one with the gorgeous flowers.

Sue xx

Dotty Jo said...

Beeeeeautiful! Jo x

debby4000 said...

Two gorgeous cards, love the sweet bunny and the beautiful flowers in the first one.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

KandA said...

Two gorgeous cards, especially love the first with those pretty flowers xx

Aileen said...

Two beautiful cards as always but particularly drawning to that wonderful bouquet of flowers. So delicate and reminicent of an English Cottage garden (or what I image one to look like) wonderful. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge Aileen DT

Helen said...

Beautiful floral card - love all the little elements you've used.

Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge.

Helen x