Sunday 3 September 2017

A two-fer ... cards for Karen and Jill

After such a beautiful day yesterday, today was a bit yeuch ... damp and drizzly so definitely no gardening or washing done today!  Rubydoo hates the rain so she's barely moved off the sofa all day, quite a few hours of snoozing have been clocked up!

Anyway, this first card is for a friend from work.  She's a florist too and makes the most beautiful flower arrangements, so I kinda had to make one with flowers on it.  I'm really rubbish at arranging flowers, so I'm quite pleased at how this turned out!
I hadn't intended my sentiment to stamp through the number but I masked off the wrong bit, but I quite like the effect!

The flowers and number are both Simon Says Stamp sets.

And while I was on a roll, my Sister needed a card for her sister-in-law so I made another much the same but on a slightly larger card base.  

7 comments:

Wendy L said...

These are do pretty, thanks for joining us at MAWTT. Xxxx

Sarah said...

It was an indoors day for us yesterday too Lynne, although our fur babies still wanted their walkies so we got soaked...Twice!! These are lovely cards and I am very impressed by your pretty flowers and the overall designs. Hope you have a drier week, looking OK here so far!! xx

Tracy Freeman said...

They are both so pretty, love how you have arranged the flowers.
Thank you so much for joining us over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

Jenny L said...

Hi Lynne,
what wonderful cards and their designs are brilliantly created.
Well you can certainly arrange flowers on a card thats for sure.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Flo said...

I absolutely love the work you did on these cards--so painstaking, esp. with the masking. Love the colors, the way you arranged the flowers and the stamp you used, of course!

Cheryl W. said...

These two cards are both beautiful, Lynne. I don't believe you're rubbish at arranging flowers-you're too artistic!

Anonymous said...

So pretty!